If there is a major update of Facebook that has been talked about in 2016, it is undoubtedly the appearance of Facebook Live. Streamed videos in real time have been, and still are, a hit on Facebook. Brands and agencies quickly realized the value of this new platform, which continues to grow day by day.
Facebook has indeed revealed a list of new products that will very quickly appear on Facebook Live, and we must admit that some are really good. Here are the new features being rolled out:
- It will now be possible to stream a video on Facebook Live directly from the web interface of a computer, while this feature was reserved only for mobile. This update will only be available initially for pages, personal profiles are not affected.
- A new role will appear in the management of pages: the "Live Contributor". The latter can manage the lives on Facebook without necessarily having all the rights on the page.
- Personal profiles that have more than 5,000 followers will now have access to a variety of insights and statistics related to Facebook Live. As a reminder, only pages had access to this feature.
- A broadcaster can now pin comments that he deems important on a live.
- It will also be possible to have a video permalink to broadcast easily.
- Finally, expect to see the crossposting land on Facebook Live. Concretely, you will be able to diffuse a live on several pages which you manage at the same time once this one finished.